This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy
”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Parfums Christian Dior (U.K.) Ltd, (“we
” or “us
”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA
”)the data controller is Parfums Christian Dior (U.K.) Ltd a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 01012371 and our registered office is at United Kingdom House 6th Floor, 180 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1AB.I PRIVACY
1. Type of personal data
Depending on how you use the Website, we may collect and process Personal Information about you. “Personal Information
” includes, for example, your name; home and/or business address; e-mail address; telephone number; payment card and other payment information; and demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
We will ask you for information, including some Personal Information, if you use one of the following services. When you:
· contact us: using the Website or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
· Sign up for e-mail: In order to receive our e-mail blasts, you need to share your e-mail address. You do not have to sign up for e-mail to browse the Website;
· Create an account: In order to create an account, you need to share some Personal Information, such as your e-mail address. You do not have to create an account to browse the Website;
· Make a purchase: When you buy something on the Website, you have to supply your name, a billing address, phone number, shipping address and credit card information. By making a purchase, you become a registered user of the Website. You can also choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses in the “My Account” section. You can access this section using your registration login and password;
· Enter a sweepstake or contest: You will be asked to provide Personal Information in order to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, on the Website. If you choose to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, you will become a registered user (if you aren't one already). We may also ask you for some demographic information, such as your age. If you choose not to answer, you may not be able to participate in the sweepstake, contest or survey.
· Report a problem with our site.
We will also collect information about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.2. Cookies
We will use the Personal Information you give to us:
· to respond to your requests, process your orders, deal with your queries and provide you with our product and service offerings;
· to send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you provided that we have obtained your consent to do so. You may choose not to receive such notices from us by following the instructions in the Your Rights section below;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
· to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies.
We will use the Personal Information we collect from you:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to analyse user behaviour as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and e-mails, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate;
· to develop, deliver and improve our products or services;
· to help us develop this Website to make it more useful to you;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.4. How do we share Personal Information and Website Usage information with others?
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect about you, except as described here.Service Providers
We may use third-party partners to help operate our Website and deliver our products and services, and may share your information with member companies of the LVMH group, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).Aggregate Statistics
We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behaviour as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.Legally Compelled Disclosures
In the event that we are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of sale of all or part of our business, an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets and we may disclose this to a potential buyer and their advisors.Other Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to any other third parties if you have given your prior consent for us to do this.5. Security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) advanced encryption technology
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will only use your credit card information to issue refunds and charges for orders placed on our Website. For your own safety, please don't ever use email to send us your credit card information!
We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered.
For additional security, we do not store your credit card number after processing your payment.Security of Log In details
If you create an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorised by you. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account on this Website. To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.6. Consent to Processing
By providing Personal Information to this Website or otherwise using this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in accordance with this Policy.7. Transferring Personal Data Overseas
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You will also have the continuing option to opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
APPROCHE SUR MESURE
63, rue Edouard Vaillant
92300 LEVALLOIS PERRET
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your other non-marketing relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Also, if you have consented to us sharing your Personal Information with any third party and subsequently revoke that consent, we cannot be responsible for any communications that you may receive from entities that received your Personal Information prior to such request. In these cases, please contact that entity directly. 9. Apply for a copy of, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
You have the right to:
· apply for a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you (for which we can charge an administration fee which is currently £10);
· update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
· You may request send a request to obtain a copy of, change or delete your Personal Information by sending an email to email@example.com
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit:www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.2 What cookies do we use on the Website?
The cookies used on our Website have been categorised using the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.Functional cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For further details visit:
http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html3. How can cookies be removed?
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
.III CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 216 0216.