Inspired by professional techniques, Double Rouge combines two makeup trends: matte and metal.
In a single application, it produces an ombré effect with a highly pigmented matte contour and light-catching metal heart.
"The difficulty was finding the right combinations of darker, matte contour and a lighter, pearly metal heart that would highlight the curve of the lips and thus give the appearance of volume. It is an on-the-go product that is easy to wear and yet capable of recreating a professional makeup result.”
- Peter Philips, Creative and Image Director for Dior Makeup
For bolder colour, start by applying Fix It in the center of the lips. Then use Double Rouge directly on the lips, moving from the outside inwards in a single sweep.
Combine a pigmented matte contour with a metal heart: a formulation challenge to achieve two shades that work in harmony upon application by creating a sophisticated finish and an optical illusion of volume.
For Double Rouge, Peter Philips created 4 colour
families: fun and sophisticated reds, exhilarating corals, electric purply pinks, and nudes that flatter all types of beauty.
4 star shades set the tone for the collection:
- 999 MATTE METAL, a true red with a golden heart that subtly plays with the scarlet matte contour.
- 510 JUNGLE BEIGE, that creates stunning lips to take on the "urban jungle".
- 992 POISON PURPLE, a deep purple with a metallic heart of gold and purply shimmer.
- 288 MISS CRUSH, a spectacular pink with a pearly heart.