GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE RATING, EVALUATION AND QUESTIONS & ANSWERS FUNCTIONS
We are Parfums Christian Dior (UK) Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 01012371 and have our registered office at United Kingdom House 6th Floor, 180 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1AB. Our VAT number is FR16552065187.
These terms relate to the use of our review service available on our www.dior.com (our ‘site’) -which service allows you to post reviews of our products on our sites and on our third party sites (the ‘review service’). There may be other terms and conditions applicable to your use of our site, including those of our platform partner Bizaarvoice, and these terms should be read alongside those other terms and conditions.
We amend these terms from time to time.
Every time you wish to use our review service, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. We may suspend of withdraw our review service Our review service is made available free of charge, and by using it you accept that your use of it is on an AS IS basis.We do not guarantee that our review service, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our review service for business and operational reasons.
You must keep your account details secure
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username or password, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your usernameand password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org change your password immediately.
User-generated content not approved by us
Our site contains information and materials uploaded by other users of our review service. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us and we do not monitor the content of that information or materials. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss of damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.Otherwise our liability to you for any loss or damage that you may suffer by means of or in connection with our review service is excluded absolutely. Different limitations or exclusions may be applicable under other terms and conditions applicable to the relationship between you and us.
Please note that we only provide our review service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Uploading content to our review service
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our review service, or to make contact with other users of our review service, you must comply with the content standards set out below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these content standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our review service (‘Content’).
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Content as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether any element of the Content that you provide breaches these content standards:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Be posted in English.
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Content must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property rights, advertising rights or rights of confidentiality of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. - Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Content emanates from Parfums Christian Dior or any of its group companies, if this is not the case. -
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When sending content to our review service, you warrant:
- that you are the sole author of the content;
- that all of the content you post is accurate;
- that you are at least 18 years old;
You also agree not to send any content or to use our review service in a way:
- that you know to be false, imprecise or fallacious;
- that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other property rights, advertising rights or the confidentiality of any third party;
- that breaches any law or ordinance, or any decree or regulation (including, but not limited to, those on consumer protection, unfair competition, discrimination or misleading advertising);
- that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- that is or can reasonably be considered to be defamatory, inciting hatred, biased or insulting towards any person in particular, unlawfully threatening or constituting unlawful harassment of any individual, partnership or company;
- for which you have been paid or received compensation from any unapproved third party;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- which includes information referring to other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact details or telephone numbers;
- which contains viruses, worms or other potentially harmful computer programs or files.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to the material you upload
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us, our partner Bazaarvoice and certain third parties and other users of our site a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you grant us are described below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our review service constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
By posting content on our site, your content may also be[automatically] posted onto the websites of other third party retailers, from which our products are available for sale, including the websites of John Lewis Partnership, Debenhams and Boots and such other third party retailer as we be determine from time to time (‘Third-Party Retailers’).Those Third-Party Retailers may have their own terms and conditions, available on their own sites, which are applicable to your content which is posted [automatically] on their sites.
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following rights to use that content:
- you grant to usa perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, and transferable right to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create works derived from thatcontent [and/or sell and/or distribute] and/or integrate it in any form, on any medium or in any technology worldwide, without compensation for you; -
- you grant to Third Party Retailers a perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, and transferable right to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create works derived from that content and/or integrate it in any form, on any medium or in any technology worldwide, without compensation for you;
- you grant to other users of our review service or our site a perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, and transferable right to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create works derived from that content and/or integrate it in any form, on any medium or in any technology worldwide, without compensation for you.
Our right to remove content
We have the right to remove, modify or refuse publication of any posting you make on our review service if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above or any other provision of these terms and conditions of use or to the extent that we are required to do so in order to comply with the law. However, we do not monitor the Content produced and there may be Content that does not meet the standards requested by these terms and conditions and which we are not aware of. It is not our obligation to monitor the Content and the inclusion of material which breaches our Terms does not imply that we approve of or accept that material.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our review service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You must not misuse our review service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our review service, our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our review service will cease immediately.
As set out above, we may also share your content with Third-Party Retailers, including John Lewis, Debenhams and Boots. Those Third-Party Retailers will have their own privacy policies which are applicable to their processing of your personal data.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract."